In order to report to parents, to develop consistency across year levels and to track student achievement from grade to grade, the school has implemented the following procedures to monitor and record student achievement:
- Formal, school developed, reporting on social and learning behaviours at the end of Term One.
- A formal parent teacher interview at the end of Term One
- Formal reporting, using A-E reports, on academic achievement and social and learning behaviours at the end of Terms Two and Four.
- Student/Parent Learning Showcase at the end of Term Three.
- A year-long formalised schedule of standardised and diagnostic testing for Literacy and Numeracy across all grades.
- Teacher maintained formative and summative assessment records for all curriculum areas, focussing on programmed units of work.
- Teachers in the same year levels programing collaboratively for assessment and moderating work samples between different classrooms.
- Whole school meetings are held at the beginning of each school year, followed by individual class meetings.
- Parents have access to a weekly newsletter sent out each Wednesday via email, our School App and also on our website archive.
- Teachers communicate the planned class work each term via a class letter and the curriculum overview is sent home each term.
- Parents are encouraged to contact teachers as the first point of contact. This can be done via phoning the front office or emailing the teacher directly.
- The Principal will complete a report to the School Community Council and the Parish Pastoral Council at each of the meetings of these bodies.
- The school website has all school policies and email access via the Community Council email address.
- Parents need to supply in writing, a note to the teacher following a child’s nonattendance with an explanation of their absence.