At St Thomas the Apostle, the Sacramental Programs for Reconciliation, Eucharist and Confirmation value the shared responsibility of family, Parish and school.
- Information evenings ensure that parents are well prepared to support with their child in their sacramental preparation.
- Each family engages with a program designed to guide them into a deeper understanding of the sacrament and into deeper relationship with God and with the Church.
- Families support each other through 3 Home Night sessions. During these sessions, groups of families gather to pray, to learn, and to support each other on their faith journey.
- The school supports this learning through specific teaching programs.
- The Parish Community of St Thomas the Apostle, through prayer and witness also supports and shares the responsibility of the parents for the preparation of their children for the Sacraments.
2018 will be the last year that First Eucharist will be celebrated in Year 3. Commencing 2019, Sacraments will be celebrated as follows:
Year 3 Reconciliation
Year 4 Eucharist
Years 5 and 6 Confirmation every second year, 2019, 2021
Please contact Fr Peter via the Parish Office on (02) 62319219 if you have any questions regarding your child’s sacramental journey.
An Enrolment Form must be completed for the Sacrament of First Eucharist for your child/children. Parents are asked To assist with the cost for each sacrament program, a fee of $25 per child has been set to enrol their children during Term 1 so that appropriate plans can be made.
Our Sacramental Program for First Eucharist involves the following commitments:
- A Parent Information Night on Wednesday 25 July 2018 at 7pm in the church.
- Attending a Presentation Mass on the weekend of 28 -29 July 2018.
- Attending Sunday Mass regularly, especially the 4 weekend masses during the Sacramental Program.
- Three home nights in Weeks 5,6 and 7 of Term 3.
- A retreat day on Friday 21 September 2018 at St Thomas the Apostle School.
- First Eucharist Sacramental Mass at 10am on Sunday 23 September 2018. Children wear a white robe provided by the parish.