At St Thomas the Apostle, the Sacramental Programs for Reconciliation, Eucharist and Confirmation value the shared responsibility of family, Parish and school.
- Information evenings ensure that parents are well prepared to support with their child in their sacramental preparation.
- Each family engages with a program designed to guide them into a deeper understanding of the sacrament and into deeper relationship with God and with the Church.
- Families support each other through 3 Home Night sessions. During these sessions, groups of families gather to pray, to learn, and to support each other on their faith journey.
- The school supports this learning through specific teaching programs.
- The Parish Community of St Thomas the Apostle, through prayer and witness also supports and shares the responsibility of the parents for the preparation of their children for the Sacraments.
2018 was the last year that First Eucharist was celebrated in Year 3. Commencing 2019, Sacraments will be celebrated as follows:
|Yeaer 5 and 6||Confirmation every second year: 2019, 2021...|
Please contact Fr Peter via the Parish Office on (02) 62319219 if you have any questions regarding your child’s sacramental journey.
An Enrolment Form must be completed for the Sacrament appropriate for your child/children. To assist with the cost for each sacrament program, a fee of $25 per child has been set. Parents are asked to enrol their children during Term 1 so that appropriate plans can be made.
Our Sacramental Program for 2021 involves the following commitments:
- Attending a Presentation Mass in March 2021 (for Reconciliation, Eucharist and Confirmation)
- Attending Sunday Mass regularly, especially the 4 weekend masses during the Sacramental Program (as advised)
Our Sacramental Program for Reconciliation in 2021 at this stage, involves the following commitments:
- Parent Information Night Wednesday 28 April at 7pm
- Home nights Term 2 Weeks 3, 4 and 5
- Family Prayer Night Wednesday 19 May 6pm (Church)
- Presentation Masses 1/2 May
- A retreat day on Friday 21 May 9:00am - 1:00pm
- Celebration of Reconciliation Wednesday 26 May 6:30pm
Our Sacramental Program for Eucharist in 2021, at this stage, involves the following commitments:
- Parent Information Night Wednesday 14 July at 7pm
- Three home nights in Term 3 Weeks 2, 3 and 4
- A retreat day on Friday 6 August from 9am - 3pm at St Thomas the Apostle School
- Eucharist Sacramental Mass on Wednesday 11 August or Thursday 12 August at 6pm
Our Sacramental Program for Confirmation in 2021 at this stage, involves the following commitments:
- Parent Information Night Thursday 19 August at 7pm
- Home nights Term 3 Weeks 7, 8 and 9
- A retreat day on Friday 10 September
- Celebration of Reconciliation Tuesday 14 September or Wednesday 15 September at 6pm