At St Thomas the Apostle, the Sacramental Programs for Reconciliation, Eucharist and Confirmation value the shared responsibility of family, Parish and school.
- Information evenings ensure that parents are well prepared to support with their child in their sacramental preparation.
- Each family engages with a program designed to guide them into a deeper understanding of the sacrament and into deeper relationship with God and with the Church.
- Families support each other through 3 Home Night sessions. During these sessions, groups of families gather to pray, to learn, and to support each other on their faith journey.
- The school supports this learning through specific teaching programs.
- The Parish Community of St Thomas the Apostle, through prayer and witness also supports and shares the responsibility of the parents for the preparation of their children for the Sacraments.
|Yeaer 5 and 6||Confirmation|
Please contact Fr Peter via the Parish Office on (02) 62319219 if you have any questions regarding your child’s sacramental journey.
An Enrolment Form must be completed for the Sacrament appropriate for your child/children. To assist with the cost for each sacrament program, a fee of $25 per child has been set. Parents are asked to enrol their children during Term 1 so that appropriate plans can be made. A late fee of $10 will be applied if enrolment is made after the enrolment dates in March.
Our Sacramental Program for 2023 involves the following commitments:
- Attending a Presentation Mass on 4/5 March 2023 for and First Eucharist (Year 3) and Eucharist (Year 4) Confirmation (Year 5/6)
- Attending Sunday Mass regularly, especially the 4 weekend masses during the Sacramental Program (as advised)
SACRAMENT OF FIRST RECONCILIATION 2023
- Parent Information Night – 3 May – Wednesday Week 2
- Attending a Presentation Mass - Weekend of 13 & 14 May
- Home Night 1 – Week beginning 15 May – Week 4
- Home Night 2 – Week beginning 22 May – Week 5
- Home Night 3/Family Prayer Night – Week beginning 29 May – Week 6
- Reconciliation Retreat Day – 2 June – Friday Week 6
- Celebration of First Reconciliation – 7 June – Wednesday Week 7
SACRAMENT OF FIRST EUCHARIST 2023
- Parent Information Night – 1 August - Tuesday Week 3
- Attending a Presentation Mass - Weekend of 12/13 August
- Home Night 1 – Week beginning 14 August –Week 5
- Home Night 2 – Week beginning 21 August – Week 6
- Home Night 3/Family Prayer Night – Week beginning 28 August – Week 7
SACRAMENT OF CONFIRMATION 2023
- Parent Information Night – 17 October - Tuesday Week 2
- Attending a Presentation Mass - Weekend of 21/22 October
- Home Night 1 – Week beginning 23 October –Week3
- Home Night 2 – Week beginning 30 October – Week 4
- Home Night 3/Family Prayer Night – Week beginning 6 November – Week 5
- Confirmation Retreat Day – 10 November – Friday Week 5
- Celebration of Confirmation – 17 November- Friday Week 6