At St Thomas the Apostle, the Sacramental Programs for Reconciliation, Eucharist and Confirmation value the shared responsibility of family, Parish and school.
- Information evenings ensure that parents are well prepared to support with their child in their sacramental preparation.
- Each family engages with a program designed to guide them into a deeper understanding of the sacrament and into deeper relationship with God and with the Church.
- Families support each other through 3 Home Night sessions. During these sessions, groups of families gather to pray, to learn, and to support each other on their faith journey.
- The school supports this learning through specific teaching programs.
- The Parish Community of St Thomas the Apostle, through prayer and witness also supports and shares the responsibility of the parents for the preparation of their children for the Sacraments.
2018 was the last year that First Eucharist was celebrated in Year 3. Commencing 2019, Sacraments will be celebrated as follows:
|Yeaer 5||Confirmation every second year: 2019, 2021...|
Please contact Fr Peter via the Parish Office on (02) 62319219 if you have any questions regarding your child’s sacramental journey.
An Enrolment Form must be completed for the Sacrament of First Eucharist for your child/children. Parents are asked To assist with the cost for each sacrament program, a fee of $25 per child has been set to enrol their children during Term 1 so that appropriate plans can be made.
Our Sacramental Program for 2019 involves the following commitments:
- Attending a Presentation Mass on the weekend of 2 - 3 March 2019 (for both Reconciliation and Confirmation)
- Attending Sunday Mass regularly, especially the 4 weekend masses during the Sacramental Program
Our Sacramental Program for Reconciliation involves the following commitments:
- Parent Information Night Wednesday 29 May 2019 at 7pm
- Three home nights in Weeks 7,8 and 9 of Term 2
- A retreat day on Monday 29 July 2019 from 9am - 1pm at St Thomas the Apostle School
- Reconciliation Sacramental Mass on Wednesday 31 July 2019 at 6pm
Our Sacramental Program for Confirmation involves the following commitments:
- Parent Information Night Wednesday 14 August 2019 at 7pm
- Three home nights in Weeks 5,6 and 7 of Term 3
- A retreat day on Friday 13 September 2019 from 9am - 3pm at St Thomas the Apostle School
- Confirmation Sacramental Mass on either Saturday 21 Sept or Saturday 28 Sept 2019 at 6pm