I give permission for my son/daughter to use the Internet and other ICT facilities on a personally owned device (iPad) at school and I:
- Have read and discussed with my child the BYOD (iPads) Acceptable Use and Care Policy and the Computer Facilities and External Networks (ICT) Policy.
- Agree to my child using Information and Communication Technologies for educational purposes.
- Agree to my child transmitting work electronically to teachers and having the work published where the school considers it to be appropriate.
- Agree that, whilst all normal care will be taken, the school is in no way responsible for replacement of the device due to theft, repairs due to breakage or any other sort of maintenance of the device.
- Understand it is my responsibility to pay for any breakage or damage to my child’s device.
- Understand it is my responsibility to pay for the repair of any breakage or damage that my child causes to another child’s device.
- Understand and agree to the consequences outlined for my child breaking any Student Use Agreements.
- Acknowledge that my child’s use of the device at school will at all times be subject to the directions of the teachers and that failure to follow those directions may lead to the consequences outlined in this document.
- Understand it is my responsibility to ensure my child’s iPad for loss or theft.
- Consent to my child’s use of the School’s technology which is transitioning to Microsoft from Google. Google Apps are provided through Google Apps for Education and that consequently students’ emails and associated account details may be transferred, stored and processed in the United States or any other country utilised by Google to provide the Google Apps services.
Microsoft applications including emails are hosted in Australia.
Information about the security and privacy features of Google Apps for Education may be found at https://www.google.com/enterprise/apps/education/benefits.html
Information about the security and privacy features of Microsoft may be found at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/security-center/
- I consent to my child’s use of the following programs:
- Scratch (block coding/programming) https://scratch.mit.edu/
- Tinkercad (3D design software) https://www.tinkercad.com
When using these applications, anonymous student logins are used. Please contact the school if you have any questions.
- I have viewed the 2021 BYOD webinar