Why Choose St Thomas the Apostle?
- Welcoming and supportive learning environment
- We strive and cater for students’ needs
- Dedicated teachers
- STEM lessons as part of our curriculum
- Before and After School care
- Individual, team and community sporting opportunities
- Extensive library collection
- Extra curricula lunch time activities: chess, lego, choir, building, art and craft, coding, meditation, fun and fitness
- Private music lessons: keyboard, woodwind, brass, string and percussion
- Strong parental involvement
- BYOD iPad Program
The Cross, Book and the words “I am the Way” on the School Crest are symbols of our school’s aims, serving as a reminder of our salvation, the purpose of our being and to follow the leadership of Christ. It is a reference to the gospel values, which are the foundation of our educational programmes and a symbol of learning.
The Parish and Primary School of St Thomas the Apostle work closely together to educate our students in the Catholic faith and to create a welcoming and supportive community.
Fr. Praveen Paul visits classrooms regularly and participates in our assemblies. We have a Parish-based Sacramental program, in which school and parish work closely together to prepare the children to receive the Sacraments of Reconciliation (Year 3), Eucharist (Year 4) and Confirmation in Year 6.
Weekend mass times: Saturday 6pm; Sunday 8.30am & 10am
|Priest||Fr. Praveen Paul|
|Parish Secretary||Elizabeth Wilson|
|Address||37 Boddington Cres, Kambah, ACT, 2902|
|Phone||02 6231 9219|
St Thomas the Apostle Primary School in Kambah was established by Father Kennedy in February 1977 and officially opened by Senator Carrick on 15th October with a blessing from Archbishop Thomas Cahill.
St Thomas’ was the first Catholic School in Canberra to be fully staffed by lay teachers and had 324 students when first opened and remains around the same today.
Our Sport Houses
Cooleman (Green) – Kookaburra
Erindale (Gold) – Koala
Lanyon (Red) – Emu
Riverview (White) – Kangaroo